On Sunday, 3/31 any club or organization that has at least 6 volunteers present can help clean our county streets & make money for their group. Registration will occur at 2PM @ Ace Supply (Rt 9 & 52) after which safety vest, trash picker & road assignments will be made. Upon your return; food will be provided.
What better way to clean our highways & make money for your club/organization!
- Wed. April 3, 2019, 7 pm Atlantic County Advisory Board Meeting in Stillwater Build (2nd floor Freeholder meeting room). 201 S. Shore Road, Northfield NJ. Rear parking and entrance to the 2nd floor.
- Thurs. April 11, 2019, 11 am A C Regional Stand Down Steering Comm. Meeting at All Wars Memorial Building, 1510 Adriatic Ave. (entrance on New York Ave. Side of Building), Atlantic City, NJ/
- (Maybe) Thurs. April 11, 2019, 5 pm Easter Egg Hunt Committee Meeting at VFW Post 220. (basement) 1209 N. Cape May Ave (NJ-Route 50), Mays Landing, NJ 08330
- Sat. April 13, 2019 Atlantic County Veterans Advisory Board Historical Subcommittee’s FREE Trip; Tour of the Coast Guard Base in Cape May, NJ and food. Bus Departs at 9 am from the Northfield VA Clinic, 1909 New Road, Northfield, NJ. Returns no later than 2 pm. Contact Person: Michael D. Schenck, 609-501-6788, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tues. April 16, 2019, VFW District 16 Meeting, Refreshments 7 pm, Meeting 7:30 pm in Saint Mary's Episcopal Church, 118 W Bayview Ave, Pleasantville, NJ 08232. Rear Parking and Entrance
- Fri. April 19, 2019, Atlantic County, American Legion Meeting they will Nominate and Elect their 2019-20 Officers at American Legion, F. A. Funston Post 186, 101 French St., Hammonton, NJ 08037, Refreshments 6:30 pm, Meeting 7 pm.
- Thurs. April 25, 2019, 9 am to 2 pm Job Fair for Veterans at Casino Control Commission, Tennessee Ave. and Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08232.
- Fri. April 26 to Sun. April 28, 2019, 60th Annual American Legion Leadership College at the National Guard Training Center, Sea Girt, New Jersey.
- Fri. May 17, 2019, Atlantic County, American Legion & Auxiliary Installation of Officers and Memorial Ceremony at American Legion, Charles A. Hammell Post 28, 560 New Jersey Ave., Absecon, NJ 08201, Refreshments 7 pm, Installation of Officers 7:30 pm and directly afterwards Memorial Ceremony.
- Wed. May 22, 2019, 10 am to 3 pm Atlantic City Regional Stand Down at All Wars Memorial Building, 1510 Adriatic Ave. Atlantic City, NJ, Parking in Garden Basin Parking lot, a bus will shuttle you to and from the Stand Down.
- Sun. June 9, 2019, 7 pm Atlantic County, American Legion Boys State Delegates Orientation at American Legion, Rudolph-Elmer Post 158, 527 Philadelphia Ave., Egg Harbor City, NJ -8215
- Thurs. June 13 to Sat. June 15, 2019, 9 am American Legion Dept of NJ Convention, Wildwood Convention Center, Wildwood, NJ.
- Sun. June 16, 2019, Atlantic County, American Legion Boys State Delegates Registration into Rider University. At 6:30 am a Free bus will pick-up the delegates at American Legion, Rudolph-Elmer Post 158, 527 Philadelphia Ave., Egg Harbor City, NJ -8215 and transport them to Rider University.
- Sun. June 16 to Wed. June 19, 2019, 9 am DAV Dept of NJ Convention, Wildwood Convention Center, Wildwood, NJ.
- Wed. June 19 to Sat. June 22, 2019, 9 am VFW Dept of NJ Convention, Wildwood Convention Center, Wildwood, NJ.
- Fri. June 21, 2019, Atlantic County, American Legion Awards Presentation Ceremony and Meeting at American Legion, Harvey D. Johnson Post 295, 232 Mill Road, Northfield, NJ 08225. Refreshments 7 pm, Ceremony 7:30 and Meeting directly after ceremony.
Wednesday May 22, 2019 Atlantic City Regional Stand Down,
1510 Adriatic Ave., (All Wars Memorial Building) Atlantic City, NJ 08401
VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION FORM
(PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY)
Organization or Company:
Please in-put the start and end time you will be available on
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Your Start Time?___________ . Your End Time?_____________ .
Priority assignments will be given to volunteers who can work the longest blocks of time.
Please check what you are volunteering for:
Anything___ , Set-up___, Clean-up___ , Barber___ , Beautician___, Food Service___ , Survey Takers___, Escort Veterans___ , Veteran Service Officer___ , Clothes/ Shoes Distribution___ , Attend Veteran’s Dependents___ .
All volunteers are required to attend one of our Stand-Down Orientation Classes even if you have attended one in the past.
All our Stand-Down Orientation Classes will be in the American Legion, Kenneth Hawkins Post 61, 1510 Adriatic Avenue (All Wars Memorial Building) Atlantic City, NJ 08401. Parking on Kentucky Ave (next to build.) and in the streets around build. Entrance on the New York Avenue side of building
Our Orientation Class dates are below, check the one you will attend.
Friday May 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm, Friday May 10, 2019 at 7:00 pm or Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 10:00 am
If you are unable to attend one of the above Classes you may attend the class at the Stand-Down on Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 8:00 am
Volunteer’s assignments & schedules will be discussed at each class.
Email, Fax or Mail your Volunteer Registration Form no later than Wednesday May 1, 2019 to: Russell S. Robinson, 1506 Broad St., Pleasantville, NJ 08232
Home Phone & Fax # 609-645-8542, Cell Phone # 609-513-5514
Jim Scanlon Phone #s (732) 306-9268 or (908) 894-0746